Embark on a journey through Oxfordshire’s picturesque landscapes and charming towns, where the centuries-old tradition of afternoon tea meets modern culinary excellence. From the rolling hills of the Cotswolds to the historic streets of Woodstock, the bustling ambiance of Bicester, and the riverside serenity of Wallingford, each corner of this county offers a unique backdrop for indulging in the refined pleasures of afternoon tea.
As we delve into the heart of these delightful locales, we invite you to join us on a quest to uncover the top afternoon tea spots that define the essence of each region. From quaint tea rooms exuding historical charm to contemporary lounges offering innovative twists on classic flavours, the tapestry of experiences waiting to be unravelled promises to leave your taste buds tingling and your soul enchanted. So, set aside time to savour the artistry of tea and treat yourself to the finest in Oxfordshire’s tea culture.
Cotswolds: Quintessential Charm and Culinary Delights
- Lords of the Manor: Nestled in the Heart of the Cotswolds
- Charingworth Manor: A Serene Oasis for Tea Aficionados
- Ellenborough Park: Where Tea Meets Timeless Grandeur
- Lygon Arms: An Enchanting Tale of Tea and Tradition
- Tisanes Tearooms: A Quaint Haven of Culinary Delights
- Old Bakery Tea Room: Where History Meets Gastronomy
- Rixy’s Cotswold Tearoom: A Whimsical Retreat for Tea Lovers
- Painswick Hotel: Elevating Afternoon Tea to New Heights
- The Close Hotel: Where Tea Unfolds in Historic Splendour
- Lucy’s Tearoom: A Cosy Haven for Tea Enthusiasts
Best Afternoon Tea in Bicester: Where Elegance Meets Flavour
Near Bicester, tea enthusiasts can find some of the best afternoon tea experiences, combining local charm with exquisite culinary delights.
- Farmshop Bicester: A Rustic Haven for Afternoon Indulgence
- Savoir Fare: Culinary Excellence in Every Sip
- Bicester Bean: Your Go-To Spot for a Cosy Afternoon Brew
- Kipling Pâtisserie & Prose: Where Pastry Meets Prose in Perfect Harmony
- The Fat Zebra: Unleash Your Taste Buds in this Quirky Afternoon Tea Spot
- The Chesterton Hotel: A Blend of Elegance and Culinary Delights
- Afternoon Tea @ the Chesterton: Indulge in Refinement and Flavour
- Cafe Théâtre: A Theatrical Experience for Tea Enthusiasts
- Littlebury Hotel: Where Elegance and Afternoon Tea Converge
- Stratton Audley Barn: Rustic Charm Meets Culinary Excellence
Woodstock: Historic Charm and Culinary Excellence
- The Feathers: Woodstock’s Quintessential Blend of Tradition and Luxury
- The Crown Inn: A Cosy Retreat in the Heart of Woodstock
- The Orangery Restaurant: Culinary Elegance Amidst Historical Charm
- Hampers Food & Wine: Where Gourmet Meets Woodstock’s Essence
- Macdonald Bear Hotel: Unwind in Grandeur at Woodstock’s Macdonald Bear Hotel
- The Oxfordshire Pantry: A Culinary Haven for Locally Inspired Delights
- Woodstock Coffee Shop: Sip and Savour in the Heart of Woodstock
- The Marlborough Arms: A Stalwart of Woodstock’s Culinary Scene
- Museum Garden Café: Al Fresco Delights in the Heart of History
- The Churchill Room at The Feathers Hotel: Fine Dining with a Touch of History
Wallingford: Riverside Serenity and Culinary Delights
The quaint town of Wallingford adds its unique flair to the afternoon tea scene. With hidden gems like Bean and Brew, one can indulge in a serene afternoon, enjoying the town’s cosy ambiance alongside a cup of perfectly brewed tea and an assortment of pastries.
- The Wallingford Tearoom: A Charming Haven for Tea Enthusiasts
- Bean & Brew: Bean and Brew Wallingford offers a cosy ambiance for enjoying a relaxed afternoon tea with freshly baked goodies.
- Waite & Rose Café Wallingford: Culinary Delights in the Heart of Wallingford
- Costa Coffee: A Global Favourite, Right in Wallingford
- The George Hotel + Tavern Bar: Historic Charm and Modern Hospitality
- Waterfront Café Benson: Riverside Serenity with Culinary Excellence
- Manor Café at Howbery: A Tranquil Retreat in Wallingford
- The Old Post Office: A Blend of History and Culinary Innovation
- Wallingford Tea & Coffee Co. Ltd.: A Local Gem for Tea and Coffee Connoisseurs
Here are some venues in Oxford suitable for afternoon tea, as found on Tagvenue:
The Breakfast Club Oxford
Located on the rooftop of Oxford’s Westgate shopping centre.
Minimum spend: £2500 per evening, £3500 on Fridays and Saturdays (evening), £2500 on Sundays (evening).
Capacity: Up to 70 standing, 50 dining.
Offers in-house catering, alcohol (BYO not allowed), and various amenities including Wi-Fi, PA system, air conditioning, etc.
St. Aldate’s Room at Oxford Town Hall
Hire fee: £90 per hour, or £330 per session.
Capacity: Up to 40 for various arrangements.
In-house catering and approved caterers only; alcohol provided by the venue.
Facilities include Wi-Fi, flatscreen TV, PA system, natural light, and more.
Private Dining Room at Gusto Italian Oxford
Minimum spend: £1000-£1200 per afternoon, £1200-£1500 per evening.
Capacity: Up to 55 for both standing and dining.
In-house catering with various menus including halal, kosher, vegan, and gluten-free.
Amenities include Wi-Fi, flatscreen TV, air conditioning, and more.
Please note that prices and availability are subject to change and it’s advisable to contact the venues directly for the most current information.
In bidding adieu to our exploration of Oxfordshire’s afternoon tea havens, we hope this journey has ignited your passion for culinary delights and the artful tradition of afternoon tea. Whether you find yourself captivated by the quintessential charm of the Cotswolds, the elegance of Bicester, the historical allure of Woodstock, or the riverside tranquillity of Wallingford, each locale offers a unique chapter in the story of Oxfordshire’s culinary tapestry.
As you plan your own venture into these enchanting towns, we encourage you to embrace the rich flavours, warm hospitality, and cultural nuances that make each afternoon tea experience special. In the clinking of teacups, the aroma of freshly brewed blends, and the symphony of delicate pastries, discover a world where time seems to stand still, allowing you to relish in the moment and create lasting memories.
May your cups be filled with joy, your plates adorned with culinary wonders, and your afternoons steeped in the simple pleasures that Oxfordshire’s afternoon tea culture so graciously bestows. Until we meet again for another culinary escapade, happy sipping and indulging in the timeless elegance of afternoon tea!